Where in Strathbungo was this pretty row of local shops, with flats above? Clue: It wasn’t; something else got built there instead.
Drag the little slider from the left to see a more recent view.
The Wrights were the builders of the gardens of Strathbungo, and they also owned the property on Pollokshaws Road just beyond Titwood Road. These architectural plans were prepared for the site in 1928, at the time they were building the gardens, but they were never executed. Instead a garage building was erected in 1937 for Southern Motors (Glasgow) Ltd, which still exists as The McMillan Bar & Chop House.
Southern Motors Garage, Pollokshaws Road at Titwood Road, now McMillan’s