Property Search Results
The results below are in three sections. The first confirms the address you searched on, including details of any previous addresses used by the property. This may be because of street renumbering c 1930, or a street name change.
The second section lists all known previous residents at the property, based on historical records. These are mainly old Glasgow Post Office Directories to 1939, and valuation rolls from 1875 to 1925. They mostly predate the gardens but there are now a few records for these properties too.
The third section contains some historical notes on the whole street.Property ID: 116
|No||Street||From||Until||Former No||Former Street||Historical Notes|
|12||Queen Square||1866||1931||5||Queen Square||c.1865|
|Rev George Nairn Campbell||1874||Glasgow Post Office Directory|
|Rev William Campbell||1874||Glasgow Post Office Directory|
|Charles J Alexander||Tenant Occupier||1885||Valuation Roll|
|Mrs Margaret Stewart||Owner||1885||Valuation Roll|
|C J Alexander||1886||Glasgow Post Office Directory|
|James Stewart||Tenant Occupier||1895||Valuation Roll|
|Mrs Margaret Stewart||Owner||1895||Valuation Roll|
|James Stewart Snr||1900||Glasgow Post Office Directory|
|James W Briggs||Owner Occupier||1905||Valuation Roll|
|James W Briggs||Owner Occupier||1915||Valuation Roll|
|James W Briggs||Owner Occupier||1920||Valuation Roll|
|James W Briggs||Owner Occupier||1925||Valuation Roll|
|J. W. Briggs||1939||Glasgow PO Directory 1939-40|
|Queen Square||The north side was first occupied 1866, builder Daniel McNicol, in the same style and time period as Regent Park Square.|
The south side was first occupied in 1880, just after the north side of Princes (Marywood) Square in 1879. The builders were Alexander Thomson, brickmaker of Pollokshaws Road and Robert Anderson, joiner and wright, of Dumbarton Road (now Argyll Street).